Richard is renowned as one of the most pragmatic and dynamic speakers and educators in the field. He has run countless on-farm trainings and lectures in all manner of subjects related to farm design, installation, management, marketing and sales.
Garnering more than 11 million views on his blog, having over 130,000 subscribers on Youtube and teaching thousands through his live trainings and online courses, Richard Perkins has inspired farmers all over the globe.
A recognised leader in the field of regenerative agriculture, he is the co-owner of Europe’s foremost example, Ridgedale Farm, which has become a world-renowned educational hub, was the subject of the documentary Gracie’s Backyard and grosses more than €250,000 in a short 6-month season producing on less than 3 hectares.
He is also the author of the widely acclaimed manual Regenerative Agriculture, which was declared “a must on every aspiring farmer’s bookshelf” by the world’s best-known farmer, Joel Salatin, and generated €380,000 in pre-sales alone. His newest book is Ridgedale Farm Builds.
Richard is known for his pragmatic no-nonsense approach to profitable system design, and his dynamic teaching, efficient project management and organisational skills. He advocates small-scale, diversified farming and mainly uses Permaculture Design, Holistic Management and Keyline Design. His approach to no-dig market gardening and pastured poultry production has been emulated by thousands of people in all corners of the globe and many of his students have started their own successful farming businesses.
He has worked professionally in every major climate zone across several continents consulting to projects, farms and industry, and his experience ranges from CSA production to whole-farm planning, from agroforestry to water catchment and irrigation systems, from regenerative business design to Keyline planning, and from Holistic planned grazing/decision making/financial planning to community building work.
He has led over 50 solo Permaculture Design Courses (with a focus on agricultural production) as well as countless other specialist courses, practicums and seminars, and contributed to over 1000 course participants’ site plans.
He has also run the first internationally accredited regenerative agriculture training programs in Dominican Republic, Poland and Luxembourg, and introduced concepts of Regenerative Agriculture in Poland, Belarus, Croatia, Latvia, Denmark and Finland as well as pioneered Keyline Design and aspects of Regenerative Agriculture in cold-climate Sweden.
He has keynoted at numerous agricultural conferences, both in person and digitally in the USA, UK and Europe, and was among a select group of experts invited to attend His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales’ Sustainable Markets Initiative 2021 Virtual Agriculture Practitioners Roundtable.
He has grown food since his teenage years, holds a Diploma in Applied Permaculture Design (UK) and in HND Organic Crop Production (UK) and has studied extensively in the fields of Keyline Design, Holistic Management, Ecology and Anthropology.
Richard is now focused on managing Ridgedale and on educating a new generation of farmers who want to restore soils and feed their local communities whilst making a good living from it.
Presentations from 1 hour to multi-day trainings include;
REGENERATIVE AGRICULTURE DESIGN
BIOMIMICRY IN FARMING
WHOLE FARM DESIGN & PLANNING
LANDFORM AND MAPPING
WATER SYSTEMS AND MANAGEMENT
INTEGRATED LIVESTOCK ENTERPRISES
SOIL FOOD WEB PREPARATIONS
MARKETING AND SALES
LOCAL FOOD RESILIENCY
LOW-COST START UP APPROACHES
ENTREPRENEURIAL APPROACHES TO REGENERATION
WANT RICHARD TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT?
If you agree to our account terms (see below), get in touch at [email protected].
Please provide the following information: name, email, event date, event location, event name,
event website, desired topic of talk, desired duration of talk, audience profile, and audience size.
We’ll do our best to get back to you within two work days.
- Invoice payments due upon receipt of invoice. All invoices are issued either prior to or at the commencement of educational engagements and payment expected within 14 days of issuance.
- For Lectures/ Short Courses of less than 7 days payment of full fees is required 14 days prior to course or engagement commencement.
- For all trainings longer than 7 days invoices are issued at the start of course, full payment expected within 7 days. For engagements outside Sweden return Flights and 25% of course fee required at least 14 days in advance of engagement, with remaining balance issued at the commencement of the event.
- All invoices are prepared and submitted to client by email in .pdf format. Any other Account arrangements are to be determined and agreed 21 days prior to engagement commencement
- All charges within Sweden are in SEK unless otherwise specified. All foreign engagements are charged in SEK equivalent charged at the official current mid-market rate on date of invoice production (and annotated therein).
- The client accepts all bank charges/costs incurred in transferring payment.
Acceptance of Quote and Account Terms
Clients accepting Quotes and our Account Terms should notify us by email. Once agreed and modified where necessary, we ask you sign and return a copy to us by email.
Course Conveners are responsible for adequate insurance for the duration of events where we are hired in.