Today we’re smoking this year’s first batch of chickens. Smoking is a process that needs precision, and you’ll have to work out the particulars for your setup trough trial. We first learnt from a local with 50+ years of experience and you can find an older episode with him here on the blog.
We’ll have a look at;
- 0:30 Moving the cows back to the farm
- 1:21 Smoking chickens: Brining
- 3:56 Smoking chickens: Draining
- 4:40 Smoking chickens: Stringing
- 6:58 Smoking chickens: Hanging
- 10:57 Smoking chickens: Smoking
- 11:40 The market gardens
- 12:20 Smoking chickens: Cooling
- 13:22 Smoking chickens: Chilling
- 13:38 Smoking chickens: Eating
Would a smokery be a good add-on to your poultry enterprise? Or maybe you already have one?
Join the conversation in the comments below. Thousands of people come here to learn, so please share if you have knowledge or experience that might benefit others.
Important: Share your thoughts and ideas directly in the comments. Links to other posts, videos, etc. will be removed.