Today I want to talk about how you can get into farming on a low initial investment and make profits in the first year. The farming landscape is changing as new ways to market and distribute makes it easier to get started.
I’ll go over some points to consider.;
- 1:37 Never take on debt that you can’t afford
- 2:24 Start with enterprises that bring income immediately
- 2:48 Do your own accounting in the beginning
- 3:10 Start small and grow with your market
- 4:33 Invest initially in income generating elements
- 5:04 Plan, plan, plan
- 6:35 Intercept local waste streams
- 7:23 Find efficient ways to sell
- 8:27 Record your time in detail
- 9:20 Don’t spread yourself too thin
Are you looking to start farming, and if so, what’s holding you back? Or are you a new farmer with some reflections or tips to pass on?
Join the conversation in the comments below. Thousands of people come here to learn, so please share if you have knowledge or experience that might benefit others.
Important: Share your thoughts and ideas directly in the comments. Links to other posts, videos, etc. will be removed.